Attendance

Highlighted

Attendance

I am new to PowerSchool. I just started a new job as the secretary at an elementary school and am in charge of daily attendance for our students. If a student comes to school but leaves early due to sickness, how do you mark the student in the daily attendance. Absent, medical, illness?
1 Reply
Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Attendance

Hi @dlowry,

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community for assistance!

I would be happy to help you with the tracking of daily attendance. There is an easy way to keep track of your students attendance in a class. To do that you must first create an Attendance Book. (You may create more than one per class if you wish!)

To create an Attendance Book, I have provided the steps below:

• Navigate to the Attendance area of the Grades tab, then select Add Attendance Book
  • Name your Attendance Book and set Attendance Notations. 
  • Click Save to create your Attendance Book

I have provided an article below to guide you more on the attendance book.

How-do-I-create-an-Attendance-book-in-my-class 

To customize attendance book notation sets you can always modify the above settings by clicking the edit button to the far right of the attendance book and selecting Attendance Book Settings from the drop-down menu. A window will pop up where you can add to, delete from or change the current Notation Set.

To add a Notation (give a notation here) when a student attends the class and leaves early due to sickness or some other reason, click on the button Add Notation at the bottom of the notation list. To delete a notation, click on the delete icon (the recycle bin icon to the far right of the chart). To modify an existing Notation, click in the text box and begin typing. 

I have provided an article below to guide you more on customizing the attendance and adding a customized notation.

How-do-I-customize-Attendance-Book-Notation-Sets 

I hope this was helpful.
If you have any queries feel free to reach us.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator