Assignments not showing up in scoresheet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Assignments not showing up in scoresheet

I have a teacher who has three sections of Earth science.  He creates a page for the first class, which might include an assignment embedded within the page.  He then copies the page to his other two class pages.  The embedded assignments are on the new (copied) pages, but do not show up in the scoresheet, as the do when he created the original, which means he has to generate those assignments separately - it cannot be copied to other classes in the scoresheet.  Ideally, he would be able to generate one page with assignments, and copy it to all three sections and have the assignments automatically show up.  Did he miss a step here?  Is there a "trick" to make this happen?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Assignments not showing up in scoresheet

Hi @ldougher

Thank you for your post!

It sounds like these are assignments in an assignment block in one class that are being copied over to another class. When they are copied, they are not automatically displaying in the gradebook. Is that correct?

The assignments do not automatically appear in the gradebook, but the teacher can edit the assignment, decide whether to make any changes that may apply in the new class such as points, standards (if applicable), due dates, and any other details, then choose to display it in the gradebook.

If most items are being copied from one class to the next, such as during a year or term transition, another option is to save a copy of the class and chose which items to bring over. This option will allow gradebook entries to be copied as well. Here is a resource to help with this option:  https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Classes-Pages-Blocks/How-do-I-get-my-old-class-content-into...

I hope one of these options works for your teacher. 

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!