Assignment Annotator

ABAlfano87
Achiever

Assignment Annotator

Our department is investigating the use of tablets to support marking of online work submitted through PSL.  The last article I could find on the subject from 2017 basicallys says that it is supported but only the primary features i.e. you can write in pen but can't change the color or width of the line.  Is this still the case or has the interface been updated?

Is anyone actively using this and have recommendations on what hardware to use?  How is the experiene overall?

3 Replies
SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @ABAlfano87,

As of now, the interface has not been updated. You can annotate the assignment with highlighter but won't be able to change the color, size, or line thickness.

We encourage other community members to share their experiences who are actively using Assignment Annotator.

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
ABAlfano87
Achiever

I must admit that I am a bit surprised to hear this.  Having a high quality, robust interface for annotating student work electonically on a touch interface would be extremely helpful considering the shift to on-line learning.  

Are there any plans for improving the interface?  Working in the annotator with a mouse on a traditional computer is rather cumbersme, and members of my department are looking at ways to improve efficiency in providing student feedback.  Apps such as Notability already provide a good iPad interface but mean having to go outside of the PowerSchool environment and diminishes the benefits of a unified PowerSchool environment.

Andrew

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @ABAlfano87

We at PowerSchool are constantly working to enhance our products to best suit our customer's needs. I will share this feedback with our Learning product team and create a feature request on your behalf to improve the assignment annotator's interface so that you can have a high quality, robust interface for annotating student work electronically on a touch interface. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!