As a student, how do you see teacher comments on past assignments?

Bellgirl34

As a student, how do you see teacher comments on past assignments?

Hi anyone who’s reading this, 

I was wondering how students could see teacher’s comments on past assignments. When teachers comment, they don’t get an email. I also was wondering how to receive emails when teachers comment on assignments, if possible. Thanks for reading this, I hope you could respond!

4 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Bellgirl34,

Thank you for creating a post in PowerSchool Community!

Students should be able to see assignment comments either in the Assignment Messages or within the Gradebook.  However;  if the Learning Domain has PowerTeacher Pro integration, then the gradebook will not be available for students/parents.  There is an option to receive a notification when the Teacher uses the Assignment Messages to leave a comment to the student.  The Assignment Messages are for a specific assignment.  But, the students can access old assignments from their assignment lists.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
190716UFB
Recruit

Hi @Reshma ,

I want to know how can I see a teacher's comment of an assignment? The teacher said that he left a comment for my assignment, but I'm not able to view it in Power School Grade Book or on Powerschool Learning. Can you tell me where can I see the teacher's comment?

Regards,

Alice 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

HI @190716UFB,

Thank you for the query!

Students can view Teachers' comments in the Assignment Details.  The Assignment Workflow will assist you in capturing the process from accessing an assignment, completing assignments, uploading files, and viewing scored assignments.  The Comments that are entered through Class Pages (PowerSchool Learning) are not available to be viewed.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
FabianRadford
Journeyman

You can see the teacher's comments on past assignments. To do this, the teacher must use a message to leave a comment. There is an option that it will be visible in the grade book or in the Assignment Details section. When the teacher comments on your work, the information will appear there.