Annotating documents

jlevin

Annotating documents

Is anyone else completely frustrated by the annotation program?  While you can open documents in "annotation" mode, it is impossible to effectively make comments about student work throughout the document.  Is there something that I'm missing?  I have been trying to use the Text button but that does not work well at all.  I have learned that there is no plan to fix this issue.  The old annotator was much better, but we have had this bad one for over a year now.  Please help if you figured out how to use this more effectively.

2 Replies
Community Moderator MichelleB
Community Moderator

Re: Annotating documents

Hello @jlevin

Thank you so much for posting your feedback and question.  It sounds like you are working with the Learning Annotator, so we have moved this post to the Learning Forum to increase its visibility for other Learning users. Please let us know if we were mistaken.  

From you post, you appear to be a long-time user of the Annotator, but I wanted to mention this document that does describe its functionality: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Inbox-Assignment/How-do-I-annotate-student-work-using-the-A...

I have not used the Learning product myself, but did look at this annotator with some of the team today. It appeared to be straightforward for us - we were able to add a text box, type into it and relocate it on the page.  We were also able to highlight information, add viduals such as arrows and erase some our of annotations. We are interested in your feedback regarding your experience, and would love to get further details that might help illustrate how you are finding it, as well as how it differs from before. Even something as simple as the browser you're using could be relevant to how it is functioning for you. 

Please feel free to share any details or print screens you think would be helpful. It would be also great to hear back from other members who are using the Annotator for their experience and tips.

Warm regards,

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator MichelleB
Community Moderator

Re: Annotating documents

Thank you @jlevin for your private message and the screen shot that illustrates your concerns.   

I'm attaching your image, in case other users have suggestions on how best to use the current Annotator to add comments throughout the assignment - or if they would like to add their voices to your comments.

I wanted to pass on to you that we did forward your concerns about the ability to add comments throughout assignments through Assignment Annotator to our PowerSchool Ideas Portal for future consideration. 

Thank you again for your valueable feedback. 

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!