Annotate Student Work

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Annotate Student Work

We are using PS 19.x, PowerTeacher Pro, and PowerSchool Learning.  We are also a Google Suite school.   I am trying to help teachers make online learning work better and I am looking for ways to annotate student work handed in using PowerSchool Learning.  The annotation tools inside of PowerTeacher Pro are ok but  but clunky; the biggest problem with those tools is that they don't stick with the document.  If a student opens their original Google Doc, the teacher comments are not there. 

What are other teachers using to leave comments on student work?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Annotate Student Work

Hi @johnhylkema,

To assist you better with the ways to leave comments, could you please confirm that were you referring to note comments on Assignments?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @johnhylkema,

PowerSchool Learning has an in-built annotator called Moxtra that can be used to annotate handed-in Assignments.

Please refer to the knowledge base articles linked below, to find more information on using the Assignment Annotator in PowerSchool Learning.

What is the Assignment Annotator? 
How do I annotate student work using the Assignment Annotator in PowerSchool Learning? 

How do I hand back student work that I've annotated?

Please feel free to reach out on the community if you have any further queries.

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Yes but it does not annotate on the original google doc.  It is not as good as leaving a comment on the original document which when read by the student can then be addressed and then resolved.  How do students see those comments one leaves with the built in annotator? 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @johnhylkema,

Thank you for providing clarification.

Teachers can provide annotations and suggestions on the original google doc hand in the student submitted by using the "Attach from Google Drive" option.  Teachers can easily open the submitted Google Doc in Google Drive and review it there.

The steps to provide suggestions and annotations on a student's Google doc hand in are detailed in our knowledge base article titled How do I open and review Student homework submissions in Google Drive?

Bishal G.
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Yes, that is the best solution I have found to date.