Accessing Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Accessing Messages

I recently graded essays that my students turned in via PowerSchool, and I graded them using the Annotator. When I finished, I also used the Message window to include with their essays. I thought they would receive emails, but they didn't. Where do they find the messages I sent?

Thank you,

Marianne Deitche

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Accessing Messages

Hi @deitmx01,

Would you please provide a screenshot of the message window which you are using to send messages?

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Sowmya, 

I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond.

I've attached two photos: one is of the screen that appears after I've annotated the essay and clicked the button to return it to the student. The other is of the screen that appears after I've clicked the Message button.

Thank you for your help,Message Button - Edited.pngMessage Window Open-edited.pngMarianne

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @deitmx01,

Students have to set up email notifications in order to receive an email from the teacher.  I have attached a great article that will help the students to set up notifications.

Once a student has received a message within the context of an Assignment, they can view the message by following these steps:

• Navigate to Class
  • Click on Activities Tab -> Select Assignments
  • Click on the View Work button next to the Assignment.  Then they will be able to see the conversation with the teacher. 

I have attached a screenshot of how it will appear if the student has a new message.

Learning Message.PNG

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the article! I will definitely walk the kids through that before their next essay.

One last question: Once they set up their emails, is their any chance that the messages I sent them earlier will go through to them? :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Oh, and whom do I send a suggestion that if the receiver's email isn't connected that the sender receive a message indicating such? :)

Thank  K you so much for your help!

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @deitmx01,

In PowerSchool Learning, an e-mail notification action is triggered as soon as a message or alert is sent and then the system deletes the trigger, marking it as a completed action whether or not an email is associated with the student's account.

The student will only receive email notifications of messages sent to them after their email address has been connected with their Learning account.

I have submitted a feature request with the PowerSchool Learning Product team on your behalf to include the feature to send notifications to the sender of the message if the receiver does not have an email connected with their Learning account, the team will assess the feasibility of the feature request and work towards including it into the product if found feasible.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!