ADA/ADM by Student Report Explanation

powerschoolEmail

ADA/ADM by Student Report Explanation

Hey everyone,

I'm attempting to understand how the ADA/ADM report (located under System Reports > ADA/ADM by Student) produces the values we see in the columns. Overall I would just like a better understanding of what this report does and what the values mean.

If anyone has an explanation or documentation that would help me that would be great!

2 Replies
jwhite_whitebead_net

This report shows daily membership, how many days the student was enrolled in school and daily attendance, how many days the student actually attended school.  Taking all the students' data into consideration, this report calculates the ADA (average daily attendance) and ADM (average daily membership) for the school as a whole.  We use this report to compare to what our state department has and to find discrepancies.  Having this report by student helps us drill down to find out which entity is correct and make those corrections because bottom line... this is how schools are funded.

DataJeannie
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you run ADA/ADM by Date, you can find stats for a particular day or date range as well.

Hope this helps!
Jeannie

Jeannie White
Edkey, Inc. - The Sequoia Family of Schools, Arizona, USA
10 LEAs (Subdistricts) -- 10,000 + students
Hosted by PowerSchool
AOI and Meeting Attendance

I am not a PowerSchool Employee