I would like to remind my students of an upcoming assignment, is there a way to remind them?
Announcements are designed to be easy, visible reminders that help students (and parents/teachers) stay up to date with events, assignments, field trips, etc. for your class.
Creating an Announcement
1. Click on theMessages tab, then go to the Announcementsarea.
2. Once on the Announcementspage, click theCreate Announcementbutton to add an Announcement to the list.
3. A window will pop up where you first type the text of yourannouncement, then choose whether or not you want it to permanently stay at the top of the announcement list, and when/whether you want the announcement to expire (no longer be displayed).Note: Expired announcements will display under the Archived tab.
4. ClickSaveto complete the creation of your announcement. You can edit or delete your announcement by clicking on the edit or delete icon to the far right of the announcement.
Make your Announcement list appear on yourClass Page
1. Click on thePagestab and click on the specific page to which you would like to add yourAnnouncement Block. Then, click the Add Content Block button.
In the new window, click theMessages & Activities tab, and choose Announcements.
2. Here you can rename theAnnouncement Blockif you wish, and choose where to place it on the page by clicking on theBlock Placementlink.
3. ClickSaveto finish. If you want to move theAnnouncement Blockto a different position on the page, just click it and drag it to where you want it to go.
Edit, Delete or AddAnnouncements
Announcements can be changed from either theAnnouncements Pageunder theMessages Tab, or directly on the Page(s) where theAnnouncement Blockappears.
To do so directly on the Pages, either use theQuick Addfeature at the bottom of the list of Announcements to add an Announcement or clickManage Content Block button in the upper right hand corner of the text block to edit the list ofAnnouncementsor delete theAnnouncement Blockentirely.