Snapcode Authentication?

brookecallis
Padawan

Snapcode Authentication?

When I click on "Returning Student Registration" it takes me to a page where I verify their birthdays, but that page mentions that being a "snapcode verification," which our district promised we wouldn't have this year. That page spins and leads me to one of those "unexpected error pages."
I am an elementary school principal myself and can't even get my own two kids registered! This is not at all what our district promised us this year. No wonder all the parents and my office staff hate the online enrollment process so much! I feel like I'm beginning to relive the nightmare we had last year with online registration...awful...
And please don't tell me to swap browsers or clear the cache...
3 Replies
Community Moderator SamuelN
Community Moderator

Re: Snapcode Authentication?

Hello @brookecallis , thank you for participating in PowerSchool Community!

I understand how frustrating it can be when registering your students. While I cannot speak to the specific set-up that your district has decided to follow, it sounds like the main issue preventing you from submitting your form is the "Unexpected Problem" message. This is typically resolved by either clearing your browsing history, cache, and cookies, or switching to a different web browser. 

However, if you do not want to follow these troubleshooting steps, the best way forward would be to complete your forms on a different device entirely. This should allow you access and complete your form.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

krissyk24

Being that I have a degree in IT, this is the biggest lie people tell anyone that are having computer issues that they don't know how to fix.

Clearing your cache, cookies or even "refreshing" your sessions does not do anything to the web server on the webmasters side of the ping verification. Thats like telling someone who is getting a busy signal on thier cellphone to turn their phone off then back on and see if the call will go through.

Highlighted
Community Moderator SamuelN
Community Moderator

Hello @krissyk24 , thank you for your reply!

Based on our experience, the "Unexpected Problem Has Occurred" error can be resolved by clearing one's browsing data or switching to a browser where less data has been cached. I personally do not have a degree in IT, but have been supporting this product for over a year and can speak to the success we've found with this method. If you are experiencing issues related to this error, please let me know and I would be glad to troubleshoot further with you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!