Parent Account

ARobertson43
Recruit

Parent Account

I am an admin user for a school. A parent has attempted to log in for returning student update. She gets an error stating that she has already created an account using her email. I am unable to see this family in the Users/Family Accounts to update a password. The students are in the returning student portal as notified/not started. 

I have run into several similar situations and I don't know how to correct this or what to tell the parents.

1 Reply
BishalG
Ninja

Hi @ARobertson43,

If the parent is trying to log in to the Enrollment portal they will want to enter the Snapcode provided by the district and then log in using the email address associated with that snapcode.  An account already exists message is shown if they are trying to create a new account but they already have an existing account.

In this case, they will want to recover the password for that account using the Forgot password? option available on the sign-in page.

They should be able to learn more in the articles linked below.

Forgot Email Address 

Forgot Password 

Enrollment (Registration) Family Support FAQ 

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!