Denton ISD - Returning Student / "Find Zoned School" button doesn't do anything

ahaack401
Hobbyist

Denton ISD - Returning Student / "Find Zoned School" button doesn't do anything

We moved to a brand new neighborhood within the same elementary school zone.  I updated our address per the instructions and proceed to click the "Find Zoned School" button.  Nothing happened; I logged out and started over and tried again but received same results.  I've looked through this forum and finally found link to submit a help ticket.  However, I did NOT get a confirmation email like it said I would if submitted. 

So, what now?  I cannot submit my registration with this invalid field error.

15 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Thank you  for reaching out to the Community!

Would you please confirm if you are getting the following error message on clicking the Find Zoned School button? 

JyotishkaB_0-1625859153072.png

Incase this is not what you see, please share the error message your are receiving so that we can assist you further.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ahaack401
Hobbyist

I am not getting any errors.  I click the button and literally nothing happens!  It's almost like the button isn't even a link pointing anywhere?! I've tried it on my laptop in 2 different browsers and on my iPhone but still same result!

ahaack401
Hobbyist

On second glance, I guess this is an error message but it has always displayed from the very first time.  I thought it was just an extra warning that you must click the button (which doesn't work) to proceed?!

ahaack401_1-1625863020364.png

laurifox
Padawan

This is the exact same thing I'm experiencing when trying to change the address. Click on 'Find Zoned School' and it does nothing. 

kelli_wilson
Trainee

Same issue. Is there a fix for this?  @JyotishkaB 

mstricey303

Same error for me. Glad I'm not going stir crazy wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

ahaack401
Hobbyist

Oh my @mstricey303 & @laurifox, sorry you're both having the same issue but thank goodness I'm not crazy either! I'll wait till tomorrow (Monday 11th) for an answer/solution from the PowerSchool program support.  After that I'll be emailing infosnap@dentonisd.org for help and/or my child's campus registration personnel.  You can find that person's email via this link - Good luck and hope your kiddos have a nice year!

almoyo

I am having the same issue. Nothing happens when I click Find Zoned School. I'm not even changing schools, and can't get registered. 

ahaack401
Hobbyist

So, I got a response from the help ticket I submitted last week to PowerSchool.

They said I should:

1. Clear browser cache (done - nothing changed)

2. Switch to different browser (already done - nothing changed)

3. Access from different device and try again (already did - nothing changed)

So, I sent my emails but realized I had a typo listed above!  The DISD help email for registration is actually infosnaphelp@dentonisd.org . . . we'll see if I can get a resolution.  Otherwise, my child's school enrollment personnel won't be returning until July 19th!

laurifox
Padawan

I tried doing all of those too and no luck. I'll be emailing as well and thanks for the information!

paolodias
Trainee

Same here. This is so frustrating.

BishalG
Ninja

Hi @paolodias,

The "You must verify your address using the School Locator to continue" error message means that the School Locator tool in the form was not able to find a match for the address you have entered and was not able to find an appropriate school.

Since the School Locator pulls its information from Google Maps. Try looking up your address in Google Maps and enter it in the format that is listed there.

You can learn more about the error here.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
paolodias
Trainee

It's identical to Google Maps. The issue is not on my end. This feature on your website is broken for those who moved to a different address on a different school zone. Everyone here is having the same issue.

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @paolodias 

If you are still facing issues even after implementing the troubleshooting steps from the above-linked article: No Zoned School Located, we recommend that you reach out to the school district directly to verify that your address is within the bounds of the school system.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ahaack401 , @laurifox , @kelli_wilson , @almoyo@mstricey303 

This is a known error and you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article: No Zoned School Located and see if you are able to proceed with the forms

In case you still get the same message, we recommend that you work with Enrollment Support team through a case, who would be able to address the issue you are facing with the Find zoned School button and fix the link for verifying your location. You can reach out to them by directly clicking on this link.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator