roster order

Highlighted
mwestfahl
Trainee

roster order

How do I change the order of my student roster in my classes?

10 Replies
Highlighted
TinaW4
Hobbyist

Re: roster order

Are you using PowerTeacher Pro, Gradebook, or the admin portal?

Highlighted
mwestfahl
Trainee

Gradebook

Highlighted
mwestfahl
Trainee

Actually Powerschool SIS

TinaW4
Hobbyist

Are you going to System Reports and running Class Rosters?

Highlighted
TinaW4
Hobbyist

Where do you want to change the roster order?

Highlighted
mwestfahl
Trainee

I'm sorry, I'm not being very clear.  I would like to change my student's order on the scoresheet. In the old Powerschool we could move the order of the students around s/a boys first, girls next.  Is there any way to change the order on the scoresheet?  I have students who go by different last names other than their legal name and they are out of order.

Highlighted
TinaW4
Hobbyist

Aahhh ok.  I'm sure you've seen the sort options in the scoresheet criteria:  Gradebook Preference, Last name, and First name.  If you select Gradebook Preference, it is controlled by going to Settings and Display Settings.  You don't have the option in PowerTeacher Pro to set up a custom list like you do in the old Gradebook.  It does give you a couple of additional choices however: you can sort by Grade level in addition to first or last name and you can choose to have new students at the bottom or hide pre-registered students.

The other thing you may want to consider is asking the office staff to add the preferred names to the Demographics page.  PowerSchool has the ability to track legal names for reporting but show preferred names in PowerTeacher. 

Highlighted
mwestfahl
Trainee

Ok, thanks.  If you have anything to do with setting up that preference, would you PLEASE ask them to consider this option again.  I don't understand why a teacher would not be able to order their students any way they want.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
TinaW4
Hobbyist

If in Gradebook, go to the reports tab and double-click the Student Roster report.  In the criteria, you can select sort order.  If you choose Gradebook Preference, you can create a custom order on the Student Info tab.