parent email notifications

Highlighted
jpeter
Novice

parent email notifications

I had a parent call and they are not getting emails about their child from powerschool regarding attendance or anything.  Looking at the student side there is an alert that says Display of email notification has been disabled by school. However we have not disabled anything.  

11 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: parent email notifications

Hi @jpeter,

Can you tell me what PowerSchool product you are working with?

Thank you for your post.

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

doug

ddannar
Hobbyist

Some of our parents are not getting emails either, specifically grades.  Any news on a fix for this?

Community Support Expert ScottS
Community Support Expert

Hi @ddannar,

Please let me know which of our PowerSchool Products you are experieincing this issue with.

If this is an issue with PowerSchool SIS, you may want to reach out to our PowerSchool SIS Technical Support Team as our SIS Support Engineers would be better equipped to assist you.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
ddannar
Hobbyist

It is PowerSchool SIS.  I just thought I'd try here to see if it was a known issue because I can't find anything in PowerSource.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

This issue was resolved in 12.1.1:

PowerSchool Admin - Email When setting a parent's access account to access data and to receive emails, on occasion the emails are not being sent. This issue is now resolved.

ddannar
Hobbyist

Thank you

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I just reread your initial post: go to System --> System Settings --> Email and make sure the first box says Yes. 

Fabkids
Journeyman

Thank you.  We are experiencing the same issues. 

Community Support Expert ScottS
Community Support Expert

Hello @Fabkids@jpeter@cmcmanigal, and @ddannar!

Thank you all for your posts on this issue, and thank you for confirming the issues that you are seeing are with PowerSchool SIS.

The issue with parents not being sent the nightly emails for their students has been resolved PowerSchool version 12.1.1.0. If your PowerSchool system is self-hosted, please apply the upgrade to resolve this issue. If your system is hosted by PowerSchool's Hosting Team and your automatic upgrades are disabled, please feel free to send out a case to PowerSchool Support to request that your PowerSchool System be upgraded.

If, after upgrading to PowerSchool 12.1.1.0, your parents continue to report not being sent emails for their students, please reach out to the PowerSchool Support Team so that one of our awesome Technical Support Engineers can assist with troubleshooting the issue.

Thank you,

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator