Workflow for Electronic Contracts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Workflow for Electronic Contracts

I need my Board President to sign employee contracts before they get sent to the employees.  How can I do this?  Thanks.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Workflow for Electronic Contracts

Hi,

While it is possible to create a workflow to send the employee contract to the Board President first and then to the employee to sign, it is not the recommended process. 

The reason being that the board president will get a separate email for every contract created, to sign the contract they will have to log in and open every contract, scroll to the bottom and type their name and check the Agree box.  This may turn out to be a hassle and time taking process.

The recommended option will be to attach a signature during the contract building process.  You can find more information on it in our video discussing Electronic Contracts.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Rookie

Please walk me through the process to setup a workflow so all contracts will be sent to our superintendent for his signature in Records, and then to our Superintendent for her signature in Records, once the employee has signed. 

I understand that this is not the recommended process, and you recommend inserting a custom signature to be pasted to the contract template.  In our district we require the actual electronic signatures as I have outlined above.

Thank-you.

LeslieM11

Hood River County School District 

Highlighted
Journeyman

l would also be interested in knowing how to do this. We have a 3 step signature process for contracts that we need to set up. 

Highlighted
Senior

Hi @LeslieM11@MirandaM2

All contracts must have the same workflow connected to them. You should be able to change it by selecting Configure>Documents>Contacts and agreements>Workflow tab. You would have to add a step to send it to the superintendent for signature after the step where the employee has signed it. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!