Viewing tardy's in Quick Lookup

jlehde
Journeyman

Viewing tardy's in Quick Lookup

Teachers are unable to view tardy's in the quick lookup section on the right hand side of the screen. We can view absences. Tardy's show up in the meeting attendance screen so they are being recorded. Any advice? 

1 Solution
CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It's hard for me to offer advise without seeing your setup and you might be better off just reaching out directly to PS support, but I'll give it a shot. In our schools we have the attendance code categories Excused, Unexcused and Tardy (School level > Start Page > School > Attendance Code Categories). Then our attendance codes are also associated to the appropriate category. For example, our tardy excused (TE) code is associated to the Tardy and Excused attendance code categories (School level > Start Page > School > Attendance Codes). This article might also help:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/Tardies-do-not-display-in-Quick-Looku...

CM

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you do not have your tardy attendance codes associated to the Tardy attendance code category that would cause tardies not to show in Quick Lookup.

CM

jlehde
Journeyman

Thanks! Do you know if this is a district or school level setting? I want to contact the correct people. 

CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

In PowerSchool it is a school level setting.

CM

jlehde
Journeyman

My school admin showed me that in the attendance code categories, they are set to excused, tardy, and unexcused. They are also not showing up on her quick look up either as an admin. Do you know the specific steps? Thanks!

CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It's hard for me to offer advise without seeing your setup and you might be better off just reaching out directly to PS support, but I'll give it a shot. In our schools we have the attendance code categories Excused, Unexcused and Tardy (School level > Start Page > School > Attendance Code Categories). Then our attendance codes are also associated to the appropriate category. For example, our tardy excused (TE) code is associated to the Tardy and Excused attendance code categories (School level > Start Page > School > Attendance Codes). This article might also help:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/Tardies-do-not-display-in-Quick-Looku...

CM

jlehde
Journeyman

Thank you! Our school got it to work.