Unable to launch chat support

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Unable to launch chat support

When I tried to launch chat support I got a message  "Hmm,it looks like you don't have access to this resource".  Please see to this as I was trying to launch chat support to discuss a major issue.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Unable to launch chat support

Hi @FebaJacob,

I am happy to assist you, can you please share the link to the chat portal that you were trying to access?  A screenshot of the same where the link is visible will help as well.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Attached the link and screen shot: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Launch-Chat-Support/ct-p/LaunchChatSupport. image.png

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @FebaJacob,

Some pages are open to all Community Members while others are restricted to certain roles within a district such as a Designated Support Contact.  Currently, PowerSchool Designated Support Contacts have access to Launch Chat Support under Contact Support in the Community.  If you feel you should have access to Launch Chat Support, we encourage you to request access following one of the two methods listed below.

1. You can reach out to a current PowerSchool Designated Support Contact to add the role to your PowerSchool account on your behalf.

2. You can email the PowerSchool Team at businessoperations@powerschool.com to work with the Designated Support Contacts within your district to request the role is added to your PowerSchool account on your behalf.

For additional information about being a Designated Support Contact, please see this article.

Getting-Started-Community

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Thanks for your reply.

I raised a ticket to powerSchool support team regarding an issue. In the reply from the PS team there was a link for chat support. I was trying to access the chat support in the hope that the issue can be discusssed immediately and solve it. 

I am not sure whether the designated support contact is required or not as I understand Technical Contact is a different role.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @FebaJacob,

Since Community is a public platform, I will reach out to you in private to discuss further the ability to launch chat support as we strive to protect the privacy of our members.  You should be able to access private messages by clicking on the envelope symbol that is on the top right corner of the Community page.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!