Trouble changing password and logging in on app

tinameazell

Trouble changing password and logging in on app

I'm able to log in using my former parent portal user name and the password given to me by Dallas ISD. However, that same log in information does not work on the app.  Plus, when I am logged in to the web page and try to change my password, using the "current password" that I used to gain access to the site in the first place, it presents me with an error that reads "the current password is not correct."  I've tried using my parent portal username and password to no avail.  Please help as this is very frustrating.

3 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Trouble changing password and logging in on app

Hello @tinameazell!

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty logging into your account. If you are having difficulty with accessing the mobile app but can get into the web portal, the app may either need to be updated to the latest version or is otherwise disabled by the district. If your PowerSchool account has been disabled in the PowerSchool mobile apps, you will need to contact your school directly to find out more information regarding the reason they have disabled these features and when/if they plan on enabling them again.

If you are having difficulty with accessing the web portal as well, you will want to reach out to your child's school to request they reset your login credentials. All parent and student accounts are managed and created by the school district.

*Note: PowerSchool Group, LLC does not have control or access to your school’s PowerSchool features or configuration settings.

In the event that the school is unable to make those corrections, they should be able to submit a support case for you on your behalf. Our Support team will be happy to work with the district to get your account situated as needed.

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
emmasmith
Novice

for me it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

With regards

Community Moderator Angelam7
Community Moderator

Hey @emmasmith,

Thank you for your post!  We will be glad to help you with the issue you are experiencing.  If you would please provide the product you are using and which school district you are with, so we can assist further.  

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Best,

Angelam
PowerSchool Community Moderator