Teacher Schedule showing &amp on screen

cpentland
Hobbyist

Teacher Schedule showing &amp on screen

In Powerschool version 12x, under teacher schedules, if a course name has a character in it such as a &, it shows as per picture with &amp.  Can this be fixed?

Teacher schedule.png

4 Replies
Community Moderator waynero
Community Moderator

Re: Teacher Schedule showing &amp on screen

Hi cpentland,

Thank you for taking the time to post your question to the Community.

Unfortunately as of now, special characters inside of courses cause problems with reports, page displays, exports, imports, and other PowerSchool functionality.

This is a known issue which our developers are working on resolving.

For the time being, until the issue is resolved in a future PowerSchool release, we highly recommend to use only alphanumeric characters (A-z,0-9), and underscores in scheduling fields such as course number and course name.

Waynero

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

cpentland
Hobbyist

Thanks for the response.  We have been using this course number like this for about 6 years now and this is the only screen with the issue and it's only since we went to PS 12x.  I don't think it's affecting anything in the sections table and it looks fine in Powerteacher.

Cindy

clamotte01
Recruit

why wont my show up

Community Moderator waynero
Community Moderator

Hi clamotte01,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I would recommend having your technical contact create a case with PowerSchool Support to review why the &amp only appears on the Teacher Schedule page.

Waynero

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!