Teacher Recommendations on Admin Side

labella_meghan
Practitioner

Teacher Recommendations on Admin Side

Is it possible for admin users to enter teacher recommendations? We have several instances where teachers would like to recommend students who may not currently be on their rosters for a class next year. I was hoping this could be done on the admin side by a counselor or department coordinator. If not is there any type of work around? 

1 Solution
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Yes. Select student>Request Management>Manage Recommendations>Create New Recommendation.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Yes. Select student>Request Management>Manage Recommendations>Create New Recommendation.

Hi Jeff, 

By any chance do you know if there is a way to export the recommendations?

Thanks in advance, 

Valerie

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@ValeriaE There may be a better way (there almost certainly is for folks who know SQL, PowerQueries, etc), but you can export them from Data Export Manager. See attached.

@JeffG9 This is very helpful, thanks! Is it possible to export student course requests via the same method? I'm not sure which table course requests are associated with?

labella_meghan
Practitioner

@JeffG9 finally found it - ScheduleRequests!

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@labella_meghan  You will likely want to narrow it down by using the YearID.

Thank you so much! I was on the Request Management screen about 20 times, I don't know how I overlooked Manage Recommendations!

labella_meghan
Practitioner

@JeffG9 do you know specifically what rights/permissions have to be enabled? I'm able to to this on my end, but the staff member who needs access only sees "Bell Schedule View, List View, Matrix View" under the Scheduling header. I'm trying to update his rights without giving too much access.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@labella_meghan I would start with checking the "Accessible Student Screens" on the user's Security Group.