TeachIowa Posting

tglockel
Padawan

TeachIowa Posting

Hello.  An applicant sent me a message; she had tried to apply via www.teachiowa.gov, but she got a message that says she is "not authorized to apply for this position."  I have looked at my settings, and I don't see anything in the listing that would prevent her from applying.  I have had 2 other people successfully complete applications.  What do I need to change to correct this problem?

tglockel@sidney.k12.ia.us

Trisha Glockel, Business Manager

Sidney Schools

712-374-2141

1 Reply
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @tglockel 

A few common reasons that would display the error message is as follows:

• The Applicant Type set up on the applicant's account does not match with what is required on the Application.
  • The Applicant is attempting to apply for a position at a consortium and the Location preferences don’t match the job position.

I recommend the applicant to review the article on Why am I seeing a “You are not authorized to apply for this position” error message that should guide the applicant in making the suggested changes.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator