Taking Old Attendance

44measter
Padawan

Taking Old Attendance

I was out last week and forgot to take attendance. I have been asked to fix that, but PowerSchool only lets me go back to dates from this week. I cannot edit attendance from a date prior to this Monday. Help! How can I edit prior dates?

3 Replies
sthierfelder
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Your system admin would need to change the settings in the building config for attendance and Teacher Access Center to allow 'x' amount of prior days of attendance to be taken.

Sharon Thierfelder
West Aurora School District
sthierfelder@sd129.org

Hartka47
Rookie

New question    How can I get a list of dates ( days, periods??)? that have not had attendance entered. The "PowerTeacher absentee report" does not give specific student name or date.    Is there a better report to get all mised attendance entries.   Over a period of a month.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Hartka47,

The report to pull all missed attendance entries over a period of a month including a list of dates ( days, periods) is not built in the product. 

You can achieve this using Enterprise reports. I recommend working with the Designated Support contacts in your school or district and visiting Exchange to explore if the other PowerSchool SIS users have been able to perform this using the custom Enterprise report.

We also encourage you to submit this as an enhancement request on our Ideas Portal

While the PowerSchool SIS Product team reviews the feature request, I hope that other the Community members share their expertise or solution if they have tried this out.

We recommend trying all of the above suggestions. If you are unable to find a solution, or if you are interested in exploring customization, you can work with our Customizations team who may be able to build this custom report. Please reach out to the customization team using the Customization Request Form.

Paritosh Tyagi
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!