Student's Google Drive Submissions are locked to teacher

Highlighted
azalasky

Student's Google Drive Submissions are locked to teacher

Hi All,

I have a class Haiku page created and I have students use the dropbox to submit their work. This works beautifully in two of my classes. But, one of my class pages always give me a message that says 'i need permission' to view the students' google doc submission. Then, I have to request access and the student then grants it and it comes through to my email. 

This doesn't happen in my other classes. Once a student submits their work on the Haiku dropbox, it automatically shares the google doc with me. 

Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

Thanks

Ann

2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Student's Google Drive Submissions are locked to teacher

Hi @azalasky

Thank you for your post! It does sound odd that this is happening in just one class. Google doc permissions are set in Google admin and should apply to all of your classes. Are you the teacher of this class or the co-teacher? Is the class set up any differently than your other classes? Are students using the attach from Google Drive to hand in the assignment or is it possible that they are attaching a document from their personal Google account? If you can share some additional details, I would be happy to continue to help.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
azalasky

Re: Student's Google Drive Submissions are locked to teacher

Thanks for the response. I originally created the site and then shared access with two other teachers while I was on maternity leave in 2016. Since then, the google doc submissions have given me problems. I removed the other teachers but, that didn't help with anything. The students are attaching from their school gmail accounts.