Student info in old gradebook is missing in Powerschool Pro

jblanders77
Padawan

Student info in old gradebook is missing in Powerschool Pro

In the previous version of PowerSchool there were two features that I have not been able to find in PowerSchool Pro. 

1- Personal note. Also in the gradebook, there was yet another student tab that let me enter notes on the students. These were for my eyes only and I could use them to store sensitive information like modifcations. It was very nice to see modification from within the gradebook without having to pull out hard copies or open up another program to review or remind myself about these student issues. I don't see anything like this option in Powerschool Pro.

2- Preferred name. In the gradebook there was a tab for each student that allowed me to enter and save a preferred name. If Margaret went by Maggie I could change it and now in my gradebook it will show as Maggie instead of Margaret. I don't see this option anywhere. Is this no longer possible?

3 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Student info in old gradebook is missing in Powerschool Pro

I believe you are correct. Those are two of the many items from the old PowerTeacher Gradebook (PTG) that have yet to be added to PowerTeacher Pro (PTP). Personally I haven't seen any attempt to bring back old functionality from PTG to PTP in over a year. PowerSchool seems to be focused on introducting new functionality into PTP.

erapp
Padawan

The "private teacher comment" feature was invaluable on PTG;  I miss it now that we have switched to PTP. I used it especially to keep modification notes and for talking point during parent-teacher conferences.  Hopefully, this thread will remain open and l look forward to a solution.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

One work around for private notes in PTP is to create an UNPUBLISHED (and does not count in the final grade) assignment and place the notes there.