Student Category (Homework) Average

dcohen
Journeyman

Student Category (Homework) Average

I write IEPs and often need to know a student's homework average across all of their classes. The way I'm doing it right now requires me to log in to PS using an admin's login info, clicking on Teacher Schedules, and I have to access each individual teacher's gradebook to determine the category average. This is incredibly tedious and time consuming. Is there a quick and easy way to access this info in either PowerSchool or PowerTeacher? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Expert ScottS
Community Support Expert

Re: Student Category (Homework) Average

Hi @dcohen,

There are a few ways that this can be accomplished. The simplest method, if you have access to PowerTeacher, would be to have an administrator add you as a co-teacher on the sections so that you can view the students' records in PowerTeacher Pro. While you wouldn't have to jump from teacher to teacher, this may pose a similar level of tedium to your experience in the Administrator Portal since you would still need to jump from Section to Section.

Secondly, you may be able to find a customization to PowerSchool on the Exchange that allows you to view grade category summaries from an individual student's sections through the PowerSchool Administrator Portal. Any plugins from the exchange will require an administrator's assicantce to install.

The third option would be to work with an administrator to build an Enterprise Report that you would be able to run against the students that you need to gather IEP data for. This method would be the most difficult to implement, but once the report is set up and polished I believe it would greatly simplify the work that you need to do over the long term.

Please let me know if this was helpful in addressing your question.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Support Expert

Hi @dcohen,

My apologies, I forgot to include a link to the PowerSource Exchange. You can fin the exchange by clicking this link:

https://support.powerschool.com/exchange/main.action

Scott S.
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
3 Replies
Community Support Expert

Hi @dcohen,

There are a few ways that this can be accomplished. The simplest method, if you have access to PowerTeacher, would be to have an administrator add you as a co-teacher on the sections so that you can view the students' records in PowerTeacher Pro. While you wouldn't have to jump from teacher to teacher, this may pose a similar level of tedium to your experience in the Administrator Portal since you would still need to jump from Section to Section.

Secondly, you may be able to find a customization to PowerSchool on the Exchange that allows you to view grade category summaries from an individual student's sections through the PowerSchool Administrator Portal. Any plugins from the exchange will require an administrator's assicantce to install.

The third option would be to work with an administrator to build an Enterprise Report that you would be able to run against the students that you need to gather IEP data for. This method would be the most difficult to implement, but once the report is set up and polished I believe it would greatly simplify the work that you need to do over the long term.

Please let me know if this was helpful in addressing your question.

Scott S.
Highlighted
dcohen
Journeyman

How do I access the Exchange that you mentioned?

Community Support Expert

Hi @dcohen,

My apologies, I forgot to include a link to the PowerSource Exchange. You can fin the exchange by clicking this link:

https://support.powerschool.com/exchange/main.action

Scott S.