Student Attendance by Class

Highlighted
Trainee

Student Attendance by Class

I'm building a report for absences across the district and want to look at student absences by class they are taking. When I look at the Attendance table it just has the period. What other table can I use to add in the course where the student was absent?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Re: Student Attendance by Class

Are you looking to track class absences? I've attached a sqlReports file below that should get you started. I've spaced over the lines that will need editing or hard coding for your district - such as specific attendance codes, custom table extension to pull counselor, sqlReports parameters. We have some double period classes that count as 1 absence so the distinct qualifier is for that purpose. 

BTW, I used this query to test Computer Logic Group's Logical Attendance Tracker during implementation of this product. The code_entity pulls attendance category relevent to our class attendance tracking. I highly recommend this solution if you need to track class attendance notifications. Works great for us!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have any similar sql that pulls attendace by the day instead of period/class/teacher?

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Are you looking for a daily attendance query? I would suggest starting a new thread with that title and provide details. Do you have a HR period or meeting to day conversion? What data fields do you need to pull?

Highlighted
Trainee

That's great, thank you!