Student Attendance by Class

datamonkee
Trainee

Student Attendance by Class

I'm building a report for absences across the district and want to look at student absences by class they are taking. When I look at the Attendance table it just has the period. What other table can I use to add in the course where the student was absent?

9 Replies
LaurieZ
Hobbyist

Are you looking to track class absences? I've attached a sqlReports file below that should get you started. I've spaced over the lines that will need editing or hard coding for your district - such as specific attendance codes, custom table extension to pull counselor, sqlReports parameters. We have some double period classes that count as 1 absence so the distinct qualifier is for that purpose. 

BTW, I used this query to test Computer Logic Group's Logical Attendance Tracker during implementation of this product. The code_entity pulls attendance category relevent to our class attendance tracking. I highly recommend this solution if you need to track class attendance notifications. Works great for us!

dpandori
Hobbyist

Do you have any similar sql that pulls attendace by the day instead of period/class/teacher?

LaurieZ
Hobbyist

Are you looking for a daily attendance query? I would suggest starting a new thread with that title and provide details. Do you have a HR period or meeting to day conversion? What data fields do you need to pull?

datamonkee
Trainee

That's great, thank you!

donnar1
Padawan

Howdy LauraZ

We're using Tracks during this wonderful COVID thing. Sometimes students aren't assigned a Track, and we see a designation that says "off-track." I'd like to create a query to pull any students with the "off-track" designation. What table would that be linked to? 

Thanks

Donna 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @donnar1,

Thank you for your query in PowerSchool Community!

To get further assistance in achieving your requirement by creating the query to pull any students with the "off-track" designation, we recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool SIS Support team who should be able to guide you in the right direction.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

The off-track designation doesn't necessarily mean that a student doesn't have a Track selected. It could mean that attendance has been taken on a day where that track doesn't meet. 

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

JulieSuva
Journeyman

Knowing nothing about SQL, how/where would I run this report?

donnar1
Padawan

on the start page, type "Track = "