Specific Employee Roles in PowerSchool

Highlighted
Journeyman

Specific Employee Roles in PowerSchool

Is there a way to give employees a specific role in powerschool? Currently when we are entering employees into the system I can list any employee as a teacher, counselor, principal, etc in the department section... But I want to be able to specificy that they are an elementary teacher or a secondary or high school principal.  

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Specific Employee Roles in PowerSchool

Hi,

Specific roles can be assigned to employees within PowerSchool SIS. Admins have the ability to assign different roles to the employees using the Security Groups option.  If you are unable to access it, I recommend reaching out to your School or District Administrator to request assistance in assigning specific roles to the employees.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Journeyman

What area in PowerSchool can we find the Security Group Options in? Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hey! @dhamberger 

You should find Security Group Option in PowerSchool SIS by navigating from Start page> System> Groups(under Security).

If the option is not visible, I recommend reaching out to the school or the district administrator who should be able to assist you in assigning specific roles to the employees.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!