SmartFind substitute portal - doesn't show available jobs to me but shows to other subs

pan

SmartFind substitute portal - doesn't show available jobs to me but shows to other subs

Greetings,

I don't see many job postings on SmartFind (me being a substitute teacher),

and I recently found out SmartFind is not actually showing me all the jobs that are available.

It seems to only want to show me certain jobs once in a while, meanwhile hiding the existence of other jobs that haven't been picked up yet.

I found out because the substitute coordinator at a middle school I worked for has told me several times about openings she needs covered, that are in SmartFind, but my SmartFind tells me that "there are no jobs available."

Today, a substitute friend of mine took a picture of her SmartFind which showed 3 available jobs to choose from,

but when I logged in, SmartFind said "there are no jobs available."

Any ideas?

I'm guessing SmartFind and/or my District has a "preferred" substitute system where they show jobs to certain subs first.

I emailed my District's substitute coordinator and she thought nothing was wrong,

even though I explained the situation where I know in fact that SmartFind wasn't showing certain jobs.

(I've already checked that my availability is set to all days and times).

1 Reply
CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @pan,

Thank you for posting on our PowerSchool Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues viewing all openings in SmartFind Express.

You mentioned that you checked your availability is set to all days and times.

This online guide covers more settings that I recommend you review for your account. They include locations and classifications.

Additionally, if you already have a job selected for a specific date, it is possible that the district is not showing you open jobs for that same date.

Let us know if this helps!

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support