SmartFind Express data import

Highlighted
dbryant

SmartFind Express data import

I'm the Technology Director for my school, and I'm new to SmartFind Express. When we did our initial imports to set up our school a few months ago, we failed to include leave balances for employees. I would like to import that information now and I have created the import file and tried an on-demand import of a delimited file. It fails every time I try but does not give a reason for the failure.

I noticed that when I browse to select my import file, it changes the path of the file to c:\fakepath\fimportfilename.csv. How do I get the file imported, and why does it change the folder to c:\fakepath every time?

1 Reply
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: SmartFind Express data import

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool community!

While the Community is a great place for questions and we encourage you to continue posting in the Community for users' best practices, I recommend reaching out to Unified Talent Support for SmartFind Express so we can view the file that is being imported.  This will help us protect the privacy of employees within your district.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!