Sections edit

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sections edit

I'm trying to change the schedule for a class but the system won't let me, telling me that it won't because it will orphan associated attendance records. I've tried creating a new section and transferring the students to it but when I try to transfer over the attendance records and scores through PowerTeacher Pro, it either tells me that there are no scores to transfer over or prevents me from transferring them at all. 

3 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Sections edit

Hi Brian,

You want to look at the students in the section first.  They may have future attendance in that is tied to the CCID section you are trying to delete.  You would need to clean up the attendance piece first. As a rule I never delete a section on the live-side.  You can move all of the students to another section and then set the max enroll to 0 so that no students are added to it in error.  Deleting sections on the live side is rather messy.

Maryanne

Highlighted
Journeyman

How would I go about cleaning up the attendance? And if I clean up the attendance, would I be able to make the changes to the schedule without having to create a new section/transferring over the students? 

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @bryantsanchez,

In order to protect the privacy of student data, we recommend reaching out to PowerSchool Designated Support Contact within your district who will be able to work with the PowerSchool SIS Support team to assist you further with the best option in cleaning up the future attendance and related concerns.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!