SSN field when hiring a candidate

Highlighted
Journeyman

SSN field when hiring a candidate

I have recently confirmed through Talent Ed chat support that when hiring a new candidate, the SSN field is not mandatory for completing the hiring process. This is extremely disappointing to learn as our school district discourages applicants from having to share their SSN whenever possible. A SSN is an incredibly sensitive piece of information. It is my hope that others will agree with me when I say that making the SSN a required field is an invasion of the utmost privacy. I would ask Talent Ed to reverse this requirement as soon as possible. This is upsetting to me at the most personal level.

3 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: SSN field when hiring a candidate

@BridgetM 

@BridgetM wrote:

I have recently confirmed through Talent Ed chat support that when hiring a new candidate, the SSN field is not mandatory for completing the hiring process.

If the SSN field is not mandatory, then it is not a required piece of information.

My apologies. I meant to say:

I have recently confirmed through Talent Ed chat support that when hiring a new candidate, the SSN field is now mandatory for completing the hiring process.

Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi, 

SSN was incorrectly made mandatory on the Begin Hire Page in the recent release of Unified Talent Applicant Tracking.  It has since been rectified and the fix will be available in the next release of Unified Talent Applicant Tracking i.e. Applicant Tracking 20.1.0.1 that is expected to be released this week.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!