Retrieving a deleted item created in Performance Matters

Emmie1
Practitioner

Retrieving a deleted item created in Performance Matters

Can an item in Performance Matters, that has been deleted, be retrieved?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator mgiles
Community Moderator

Re: Retrieving a deleted item created in Performance Matters

Thanks for reaching out to the community forum, Emmie.

Once an item has been deleted it can be recovered, but it has to be recovered by our Tier 2 team in the Peformance Matters Database. You can put in this request via a support case. 

However, you may still be able to recover what you need from the item to help you build a new item if you happen to have the item ID number. Try this process using this process:

1. Open any active item in your system (Follow 3 step process in this pic)

Find_Deleted_Item.png

2. Replace the item ID number at the end of the URL

URL_sub_Deleted_item.png

This will pull up your deleted item and allow you to copy, or at least view, the previously created interactions you made.

Hope this is helpful! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Moderator

You are right, Emmie. You won't be able to copy the deleted item directly. The deleted item just serves more as a guide for rebuilding a new item. You may be able to copy some of the info from within deleted interactions.

I will also respond to you other post about HotSpot functionality.  

Thanks again for reaching out.

6 Replies
Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out to the community forum, Emmie.

Once an item has been deleted it can be recovered, but it has to be recovered by our Tier 2 team in the Peformance Matters Database. You can put in this request via a support case. 

However, you may still be able to recover what you need from the item to help you build a new item if you happen to have the item ID number. Try this process using this process:

1. Open any active item in your system (Follow 3 step process in this pic)

Find_Deleted_Item.png

2. Replace the item ID number at the end of the URL

URL_sub_Deleted_item.png

This will pull up your deleted item and allow you to copy, or at least view, the previously created interactions you made.

Hope this is helpful! 

Emmie1
Practitioner

Thank you. I was able to retrieve the item but could not copy it.  I understand your Tier 2 team would have to retrieve it via a ticketed request. 

The issue that started the deletion of the item was when I attempted to edit the 1st Hotspot because the background image was too large (numbers on the number line were cut off).  After several attempts to edit the image and redo the item, I am still unable to add a 2 Hotspot interaction.  I resized the image to 600 pixels as recommended but still am unable to add the 2nd Hotspot. Each time I add the 2nd Hotspot and enter the 2nd background image, the image either changes the 1st Hotspot background image or will not populate the 2nd image.  It appears as though the 2 Hotspots converge. I have also tried creating a whole new item to start from scratch.  This is confusing as I was able to enter two Hotspot interactions previously.

Please advise as this issue was my 1st post in the community regarding the Hotspot issue.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Highlighted
Community Moderator

You are right, Emmie. You won't be able to copy the deleted item directly. The deleted item just serves more as a guide for rebuilding a new item. You may be able to copy some of the info from within deleted interactions.

I will also respond to you other post about HotSpot functionality.  

Thanks again for reaching out.

Emmie1
Practitioner

Thank you for the step by step instructions as well as the suggestions.  They were most helpful.

Community Moderator

You are very welcome! Glad we could help.

Community Moderator

You are most welcome!