Resetting Group Security

Highlighted

Resetting Group Security

Hi, I accidentally adjusted a group's security setting that I was in myself (didn't realize at the time). Now I cannot edit any of the groups or adjust security settings. Is there a way to reset this? We're in the middle of setting up the system for our school and the two users who aren't in the group cannot modify any group security settings either.

3 Replies
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: Resetting Group Security

Hi Terry,

The PowerSchool Admin at the school or district should be able to edit the Group's security settings.  I recommend reaching out to your school or district Administrator to request assistance with this.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted

Thank you Reshma. Unfortunately our District Administrator does not remember his password since he's since transferred to another role. Any idea how we can get his password reset and that role as District Admistrator changed?

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tepps,

I am happy to help you. To better understand your issue, I will reach out to you privately to gather more information, this is part of our efforts to protect the privacy of our community members.

You can view your private messages on the PowerSchool Community by selecting the envelope on the top right corner of any page,  to the right of your avatar.  When a new message appears, you will see a number one symbol enclosed in a dark red circle on the envelope.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!