Relationship Types & Codes

Highlighted
Trainee

Relationship Types & Codes

What I want to accomplish: AP Calc class and Stats class not being held during the same period.

If I use Relationship Type: "Is Blocked for Building With" and then use Relationship Code: "Before or After" does that mean that the classes will be back to back? As in AP Calc will be immediately before or after Stats?

3 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Relationship Types & Codes

@stacyderrick 

Yes, I believe you are correct.

Do you know of a way I can get it so that they are just not scheduled during the same period?

Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @stacyderrick,

Relationship Type: "Is Blocked for Building With" Defines how courses schedule in relation to others and relationship code: "Before or After" defines Sections of the two courses must be taught back to back.

To assist you better with the query you have, we recommend contacting the PowerSchool SIS support team who works with the Designated Support Contacts within a district.  PowerSchool SIS Support team should be able to provide you a way to ensure that AP Calc class and Stats class not being held during the same period.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!