Re: Special Educatoin / Special Programs Power Teacher Access to Attachments to Student

Highlighted
Recruit

Re: Special Educatoin / Special Programs Power Teacher Access to Attachments to Student

Hello

My school uses the Power School system. I am the special education coordinator and would like to know the requirements for activating the Special Edcation feature so that my teachers can see, when they take the roll, a reminder of which students have IEP or 504 documents.  Additionally, I saw in your demo that I can post the IEP documetns and summaries to help teachers service students better.

I have spoken with him about my desire to activate this function and releave my manual entry load of data and work.  Please contact him about how this function can be added or activated within our PowerSchool system.  Thanks

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Would you please us confirm the Special Education solution you are using, for example, PowerSchool Special Programs or IEPPlus?

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

I am doing everything manuallyl. I track my due dates in an Excel sheet that I update. I have a shared drive where I share with teachers the various accomodations.

I have looked in our Power School system, and I don't see how to active the Special Education features (I watched one of your video's on it.)

If this is an "add on" program, I need it, and have spoken to my Principal, Mr. Keene, regarding the same.  He said he would look into.  I am being proactive in contacting you to contact him as he is very busy, and I don't want this put on the back burner.  I  am the only special education teacher at my school and I have a case load of over 30 students. I need a better system.

Thanks

-Linda

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi Linda,

I apologize for the delayed response.  We are excited to assist you to determine the best path for activating the Special Education feature for your school.  I recommend continuing working with the PowerSchool Designated Support Contacts within your district who should be able to assist you further by inquiring about the product SPED and its features with PowerSchool.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!