Printing Job Postings

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Re: Printing Job Postings

Thank you for your response!

Our Developers have reviewed the printing issue and working on a resolution at this time.  Thank you for your patience as we continue to resolve the issue.  We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
operez
Hobbyist

There is still no solution to this problem and it only seems to get worse. When I try to print anything now using any of the back door methods, I get redirected and dumped into our employment page where employees can view and apply for jobs. This is so frustrating and after over a month of trying to find a solution, there is nothing.  My busy hiring season has started and I am still trying to figure out how to go around this problem with no real support.

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @operez,

I have an update with some information that may be of some assistance to you that I am providing below. 

-When printing job postings the wrong posting is printing

To address the above issues, we have removed a new feature called the "print library/print queue." Your printing and viewing will now open in the same tab and download. Printing will no longer redirect to a print library.

If you run into printing errors, you may need to clear your cache.  I hope this will help with the issue you are experiencing.  

I hope this information helps.  Thank you for posting in the Community!

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
operez
Hobbyist

Clearing the cache did help the redirecting issue. Thank you.

MirandaM2
Journeyman

I was having the same issue of being redirected to our employment page when I tried to print, but I cleared my cache and now it's fixed. However, the printing is still messed up ... a mostly blank title page and it cuts out the middle of my job postings. 

I definitely feel your frustrations!!

operez
Hobbyist

Clearing the cache did help with the redirecting issue. :)  Yes, back to square one with a wasted sheet of paper!

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @operez@MirandaM2,

Thank you for providing this feedback!  I understand your frustration and will follow up once we have an update.  

Angelam7

BeckyW7
Journeyman

I agree, the printing issue needs to be addressed now, it has gone on way too long.

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

We are continuing to troubleshoot and resolve the printing issues within SearchSoft. We're working hard to investigate this issue and get a resolution in place as quickly as possible. We will provide an update as soon as we are able to resolve the printing issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience as we work through the issue.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I am having this same problem today.  I found a temporary workaround.  If you go to the posting side of your system where the applicants go to view the postings, you can print the posting without the white space to PDF by clicking on the text and then clicking on the print text link under the second apply button.  I would sure like to know when this issue is fixed. 

Workaround posting print.JPG