Powerteacher gradebook won't load on Google Chrome

pgouveia
Trainee

Powerteacher gradebook won't load on Google Chrome

Hello,

I am having an issue with a particular PC that Gradebook will not load in Google Chrome. I have tested the user on other devices and had success - the user even works on that PC on other browsers. On chrome the bouncing balls just continue forever.

I tried reinstalling chrome, clearing cache, everything I could think of.

On google I see several other districts have had the issue but none of the resolutions worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

13 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If you are talking about PTG and Chrome 45 or greater on the Windows machine, I'm not sure it will work. That's one reason why PowerSchool introduced PowerTeacher Pro a few years ago.

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

pgouveia
Trainee

They are using power teacher pro and clicking on the gradebook, sorry for the confused terminology. The application runs within the browser

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @pgouveia,

We thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

To assist you better with the issue that you are facing, would you provide us a screenshot of the window to see what's happening when you click on the grade book?

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
pgouveia
Trainee

Attached is the screen shot, it simply sits on the "Loading" screen forever. As I said this actually works on other browsers on the same PC, but I have tried uninstalling chrome and clearing the local caches.

Thanks

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@pgouveia has the teacher tried a different browser on the machine or a different machine to make sure it's not the account but either device or browser?

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

pgouveia
Trainee

It's absolutely the browser. It works on Edge on the same machine, but works on Chrome with a google admin mandated version on all other teachers devices. I reinstalled chrome, cleaned caches, etc, to no avail. 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @pgouveia,

Thank you so much for providing more information.  We would need to check if there is something that is causing Chrome from loading the grade book.  I recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool SIS support team to help troubleshoot this for you. 

Meanwhile, we can use this thread to ask other Community members to share any experience around this topic if they have faced a similar issue.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
newscoots
Trainee

Was there ever a solution to this as I have some users that just got this problem this past week. PowerTreacher Pro does work on other browsers. Just not Chrome.

pgouveia
Trainee

I never found a "magic bullet" fix - but some combination of running softwares like TFC, CCleaner and/or uninstalling chrome completely (And running those cleaners afterwards) seemed to do the trick - in conjunction with making sure windows was up to date.

We got a rash of them, struggled through resolving each one, and then just as mysteriously as it started it stopped...

Good luck!

RyanJ6
Journeyman

Same issue here, I did find that it works with a guest profile in chrome though.  It could be an issue with my school managed profile. 

josephatureta
Padawan

Hi,

Is there a solution to this problem. I seem to not be able to load powerteacher pro on google chrome browsers using the url but when i use the ip address, it does load. 

When i try using safari or Firefox, Powerschool loads easily. I seem to have run out of ideas. Any tip will be appreciated.

pgouveia
Trainee

I never found a "magic bullet" fix - but some combination of running softwares like TFC, CCleaner and/or uninstalling chrome completely (And running those cleaners afterwards) seemed to do the trick - in conjunction with making sure windows was up to date.

We got a rash of them, struggled through resolving each one, and then just as mysteriously as it started it stopped...

Good luck!

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Does the gradebook load in Incognito mode?

First, I would attempt to disable any extensions running in the browser 1 at a time to see if an extension is causing a conflict. If that is not the issue you can try this:

If that doesn't work, this has worked with a number of other chrome loading issues, but it requires changing some of chrome's default flags:

1. First, verify that the student has updated chrome.
2. In the Chrome address bar have the student type: chrome://flags
3. A new screen will load, have the student type SameSite by Default in the Search Flags box.
4. Change the Default option of  SameSite by Default Cookies to DISABLED
5. This will prompt Chrome to relaunch. 

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.