Help

PowerTeacher Pro

mclaughling
Padawan

PowerTeacher Pro

I'm having issues with putting my assignments I've created on PowerTeacher Pro into the appropriate categories. I have the categories set so that it's 80% summative and 20% formative but when I create an assignment, those aren't the categories listed. So, I'm worried that if I choose a different category than those two, that it won't show up on their grades because those are the only two categories we are supposed to be grading under. Can I get some assistance with this? 

6 Replies
adupree
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I'm assuming that the district sets the categories for teachers. The categories may need to be reset.

Set Categories at the District

1. Navigate to the Gradebook District Categories for Teachers page.
  2. Select Show Inactive to display all active and inactive categories.
  3. Click Add to create a new category.
    • Select a Color to help the teacher identify assignments associated with this category.
    • Select Active to make the category available for teachers to use.
    • Set Optional Assignment Defaults that are automatically used when the teacher scores assignments using this category.
  4. To assign the category to a school or multiple schools, click Edit and then choose the schools.
  5. Click Submit.
  6. Under the Category Name, click on a category to edit the information, or to delete the category.
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@mclaughling You can see the Categories pushed out by the Admin side and that you have created at Grading>Categories. Don't forget to click Show Inactive if you think some are missing. 

If you are able to set up the Category Weighting to be 

Summative 80%

Formative 20%

You should absolutely be able to create assignments in those categories.

Please attach screenshots of your Grading>Categories and Settings>Traditional Grading Calculations>Category Weighting screens if you require more assistance. 

I've attached screenshots of my categories page that shows the summative and formative categories and that they are active for all classes. I've also attached what it shows when I'm creating an assignment, and it doesn't show me those two categories but instead shows me other categories that I've deleted or made inactive altogether. And then I've also attached a screenshot of the settings page that shows where the district has set up for formative and summative categories to take 20% and 80%. 

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong because it seems as though I should be able to assign to those categories based on all the other information provided.

PowerTeacher Pro 2.jpgPowerTeacher Pro 3.jpgPowerTeacher Pro.jpg

DanM3
Ninja

@mclaughling Your last screenshot shows there are 0 classes connected to those two categories. That's why they are not appearing. You need to go Categories and edit those two and connect them to your actual classes.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 24.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
mclaughling
Padawan

I have tried. 

When I got into it from this screen, there is no drop down available for classes to choose. It just shows "all classes" underneath, but I can't select any classes for it to apply to. 

PowerTeacher Pro 4.jpg

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@mclaughling Are you a Co-Teacher on this section? Categories in PT Pro can only be created/managed by Lead Teachers.