PowerTeacher Pro 11.0.5 -- Rounding Grade Percentages

Highlighted
PamS7
Journeyman

PowerTeacher Pro 11.0.5 -- Rounding Grade Percentages

We have had teachers inquire as to how we can change the number of decimals that present in the Scoresheet's Course Grade column.  Some of our teachers are wanting the gradebook to round to the nearest whole number while other teachers are wanting 2 decimal places.

Also, in some of our teachers gradebooks, one class is rounding to the nearest whole number while other classes have decimal places.

Can anyone shed light on this?
3 Replies
Community Moderator kevins
Community Moderator

Re: PowerTeacher Pro 11.0.5 -- Rounding Grade Percentages

Hi @PamS7!

Thanks for your post!

That decimal setting is actually done per school in the PowerTeacher Pro Settings area under the Traditional Grade Preferences page. This can be set from the District or from the School Level in the following location:

Start Page > School Setup > PowerTeacher Pro Settings > Traditional Grade Preferences

Hopefully that helps answer your question!

Thanks!

-Kevin

JenniferA1
Trainee

I am hoping to give the decimal places back to the teacher's at one school.  When going to the page you directed, I submitted the change with 2 decimal places and truncate instead of round to the settings and it didn't work.  Was there something else I need to do.  The teachers would like to see 74.50% versus 75%.  Since the person could also earn 74.99% and still end up with the same grade.  

I would love to get this setting set up for the school.  If there is something I am not doing, could you let me know?

Thanks.

Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Hi @JenniferA1,

After you changed the decimal place setting for PowerTeacher Pro, did you by chance have your teachers recalculate their gradebooks?

If not, have your teachers in the school that's set up for two decimal places perform the following steps:

1. Log in to the PowerSchool Teacher Portal
  2. Launch PowerTeacher Pro
  3. Select any section in the school that should show two decimal places
  4. Navigate to the Scoresheet
  5. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner and click Recalculate Final Grades
  6. Use the Select Classes menu to select one or more classes where the recalculate needs to be performed
  7. Click Recalculate

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!