PowerSource and PowerSchool

MarieG2
Hobbyist

PowerSource and PowerSchool

Hello,

While exploring this, one of our team members mentioned PowerSource and I have now been able to log-in on it too.  It seems like PowerSource has the cases, forums, knowledgebase, etc. Does this mean that PowerSource replaces PeopleAdmin Community? or is it a mix of PowerSource adn PowerSchool that replaces PeopleAdmin Commuity? Maybe I do not really need to log-in to PowerSchool Community and just use PowerSource?

Thanks so much for your help,

Marie Gonzales

10 Replies
JimM22
Journeyman

Re: PowerSource and PowerSchool

I too am confused about the difference between the PowerSchool user site and the PowerSource user site.

I can see my SelectSuite cases on both sites, but at different URL's, and with very different formatting:

From PowerSchool -  https://help.powerschool.com/t5/crmsupport/page

From PowerSource - https://support.powerschool.com/case/main.action

Does it matter which site PeopleAdmin users visit? 

Jim Moylan

MarieG2
Hobbyist

Hello,

We only see our SelectSuite cases on PowerSource, not on PowerSchool (unless we are missing something here). We currently use HIRE and ONBOARD.  Was TalentEd also acquired by the new company or was it just PeopleAdmin that was acquired?  So confused...

Marie

JimM22
Journeyman

Hi Marie,

This is how I can get to our cases, going through PowerSchool; hope it will work for you:

PowerSchoolCasePortal.PNG

MarieG2
Hobbyist

Thanks so much Jim! :-)

I did not have those links/dropdowns yesterday, but I just checked a minute ago and I do have them now. Yay!!

Highlighted
sstoyanof
Padawan

Hi Marie

How do you get access to Powersource? It does not recognise my email

MarieG2
Hobbyist

Hi,

I tried responding to you by replying to the email....turns out I could not reply that way and have to reply via this website (???)

Typing in my response here again - I received an email saying that a PowerSource account has been created for me, together with a temporary password.  You might want to reach out to them or you just need to click on the "create a new account" link on the homepage.

Regards,

Marie

sstoyanof
Padawan

Thank you, Marie,

I will check my emails and try to get in touch with them.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MarieG2@JimM22@sstoyanof

Thank you for your posts in our PowerSchool Community! I'm happy to help with questions you have about PowerSource. PowerSource is our old PowerSchool support site. You can see knowledge bases, forums, and a case portal there. We have been in the process of moving resources and features from PowerSource to PowerSchool Community, our new help site, over the past few months. Our customers can still continue to use PowerSource, but our most up-to-date support knowledge base articles now live in PowerSchool Community. We also have a Community team made up of moderators from all of our products who monitor and respond to forum posts in PowerSchool Community.

For our PeopleAdmin customers, we have added your resources to PowerSchool Community. If you are not seeing knowledge base articles, forums, and the case portal in our Community and you feel this is an error with your access, please let us know and we would be happy to take a look at your account. 

As far as getting a PowerSource account, designated contacts from each site should have PowerSource accounts. If you don't have one, and again you feel this is an error, we may need to review your account and access. 

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reach out here or message me or @Angelam7 directly through the envelope icon on the top right-hand side of this page and we would be happy to take a look.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hello Marie,

PowerSource ( support.powerschool.com ) is our legacy support site that was primarily focused on just PowerSchool SIS. For example;  the knowledgebase and forums on PowerSource are largely SIS-centric areas.

As we've grown larger, and have a broader scope of products under our umbrella, we wanted to expand and update our customer portal to be more inclusive to our entire customer base. That is why we launched the PowerSchool Community (help.powerschool.com). 

There are still some items that remain on PowerSource that customers can access that may be beneficial - Information on PowerSchool University, online trainings, managing technical contacts - but over time we are migrating a majority of the content available on PowerSource over here to PowerSchool Community.

PowerSchool Community is the replacement for the PeopleAdmin Community. PowerSchool Community is your front door to find answers to your questions, interact with your peers who are you using the same products you are, receive updates from Product Development and contact support. 

Hopefully this helps clarify but if you have further questions please feel free to post them here and I'd be happy to answer.

Thanks,
Travis