PowerSource - Case Research

Highlighted
SJCSD_Bentz
Trainee

PowerSource - Case Research

Our district uses three PLUS products (eSP, BizPlus, PerfPlus). How can I filter my support cases in PowerSource so that I can

1) find only cases for one product at a time (ex. eSchoolPLUS)
2) limit the responses to statuses that are other than open/closed (such as Awaiting Response, Response Received, etc)

It seems like I can currently only view my own cases or the whole districts, I cannot filter by a single product, and I can only find cases that are either open or closed. (I would attach a photo of what I see, but I keep getting an error about invalid HTML when attaching a photo in the rich text box)

Anyway, with two other products, it's very difficult to follow up on my team's cases, particularly if I want to get a quick list such as "Show me all open eSchoolPLUS cases for my district where the status is 'Awaiting Response'.  I could then take that list and follow up with my team to pursue those cases where we may have missed feedback by email.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Brian

6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: PowerSource - Case Research

Hi @SJCSD_Bentz

Thanks for your post. You are right that there is not a filter for products in the Case Management area of PowerSource. You can try adding Keywords under Filter Results By. If the product is mentioned in the case, that will help highlight that for you in your search. It sounds like you have already tried filtering by Status. It would be great to know if using the combination of keywords and status helps with what you are hoping to see. 

If others have suggestions to share with how they filter their results, it would be great to hear that as well.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
SJCSD_Bentz
Trainee

Thank you.  Keywords won't really help in my situation, though.  I'm specificially looking for all cases for a specific product where the status has been set by support to awaiting response from customer.

I know it can be pulled that way because support can do it (and it was used in a quarterly meeting).  They're now working on sending me an update weekly, but to do that manually should be unnecessary with the addition of a simple filter. 

Brian

Pattonville_LT
Journeyman

My district would also like to have a product line filter for cases.

Community Moderator kevins
Community Moderator

Hi @Pattonville_LT!

Thank you for the feedback!

Any suggestions regarding how you or anyone else manages case results for multiple products would be greatly appreciated.

-Kevin

Pattonville_LT
Journeyman

Our only product lines are SIS and BusinessPLUS.  Having just had BusinessPLUS issues moved over to PowerSource, our need for product line division is a relatively new.  We do not have a good suggestion as to how to filter cases for users that manage multiple product lines, and we were hoping that at some point features to allow for product line division would be implemented within PowerSource.  Additionally, we have not found a way to control whether our technical contacts have access to one, some, or all product lines.  We would like to be able to control, on our end, which technical contacts may access which product lines.  Eliminating access to unneccessary product lines would help in the long run for the first issue of needing a case filter.

Community Moderator kevins
Community Moderator

Hi @Pattonville_LT!

Thank you for the background regarding your situation. We will be sure to pass this information on for you!

If we get any future updates regarding functionality on either PowerSource or within the Case Portal in the PowerSchool Community we will make sure to post it for you so that you can take advantage.

Thanks!

-Kevin