PowerSchool Gradebook: Check Dropped Low Scores

Highlighted

PowerSchool Gradebook: Check Dropped Low Scores

Not sure if this is the appropriate place, but this is our first year implementing the PowerSchool Gradebook. The end of semester is coming and teachers are looking to drop the lowest score from a category. That process is pretty simple, but they are looking to see which assignment was dropped. So far, we haven't been able to find a way, so we're having teachers run a report before and after so they can see the grade change. Does anyone know?

18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: PowerSchool Gradebook: Check Dropped Low Scores

Thank you for posting your question in the Community!  PowerTeacher Gradebook does not currently have a report that will provide the assignment that was dropped for each student's lowest score.  I do recommend a continuing to print a report of the assignments before the lowest score for each student is dropped and after the score is dropped.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
Highlighted
Hobbyist

How do I drop the lowest grade for each student in a weighted category?

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Go to Settings>Traditional Grade Calculations and select the class and term you want to work with. Click the Drop Low Scores tab and choose Drop Lowest by Category. Here, you can add categories to droop scores from and how many scores you'd like to drop.

When I try to do that, I get a message that indicates that the number of dropped scores must be at least one. I only want to drop one grade in the quiz category. I type zero in tests and apparently that cannot be done. The previous PowerTeacher gradebook allowed this.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@molly6 @tmcknight 

Tom, Your interface doesn't look like PT Pro, so I think you may be using a different platform. Did I really screenshot one of my puppers for you? Anyhoo, that's Bindi and we think she looks like Dobby the House Elf. She's a love.

Molly, If you want to drop just one grade from one category just select that one category. See the screen shot.

Community Moderator

Thank you for assisting in the thread! @JeffG9 

Bindi is adorable and does look like Dobby.  Heart

I believe tmcknight may have used the copy and paste feature to add your username into the post.  If your avatar was copied then it would have pasted within the post along with your username.  We got to see an adorable puppy!!

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot trying to NOT drop a test score

The only way I've figured out how to drop low scores is on this page. (link above) 
Apparently I must drop low score in all categories.. I only want to drop ONE low QUIZ score. I do not want to drop scores in any other category. 

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@molly6 

That is the correct page. Simply choose the category you'd like to drop a score in, select the number of scores you'd like to drop and click save.

But it seems to default to "one" on all categories.