PowerSchool Gradebook: Check Dropped Low Scores

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: PowerSchool Gradebook: Check Dropped Low Scores

@molly6 

I don't see that behavior in my gradebook. When I choose Drop Lowest by Category it gives me one column to choose a category. The only way I can get more is by clicking the small + button.

2015-10-31 02.26.32.jpg
PowerSchool Champion 
PowerSchool Champion

Thanks for the try ... my version of PowerSchool does NOT LOOK LIKE your screenshot... I guess there are different "Flavors" and our flavor is less tasty than yours.
Tim

Highlighted
Hobbyist

I still have not gotten an answer - but I'm finding that is pretty typical for PowerSchool ...

Apparently there are various different types of powerschool ... and the one we have does not even have a "Drop Grade" feature ... pretty darned slack --- in my opinion anyway.

Tim McKnight

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi Tim, what PowerSchool are you using? Is your gradebook PowerTeachere Pro?

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School
Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
Highlighted
Hobbyist

How does one determine which version of powerschool gradebook one is using??? Gradebook screencap.PNG

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

In part, the login page.  This is what regular PowerSchool SIS users see. (see attached)  Judging from the screenshot it looks like you are either using PowerSchool Learning or the Unified Classroom. Those assignments are created in PowerSchool Learning/UC Class Pages and not PowerTeacher Pro gradebook. 

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School
Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! @tmcknight @molly6 

Thank you for jumping in the thread to assist! @JeffG9 @DanM3 

I have provided a link to an article within the Unified Classroom Teacher help site that should walk through the steps to drop the lowest score Jeff mentioned above.

https://docs.powerschool.com/UCHT/settings-sign-out/traditional-grade-calculations

I hope this helps!

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a mentor today! Email us at mentors@powerschool.com
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Thanks for the try .... I guess some of us are just in the Ghettos ... Power School "Learning" is, I am learning, not like real Gradebooks that the rest of you have 😞

Their "annotator" sucks too ... I have another thread going where about 1/3 of my kids "turn ins" show up as blank docs in annotator .. but are there in Google Drive ... problem is ... they are docs that I really need to be able to DRAW on in order to offer worthwhile feedback to the students ...

PSL 😞

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @tmcknight,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with PowerSchool Learning. 

I will reach out to you via Private Message to discuss the difficulty that you are facing with PowerSchool Learning Annotator.  This is part of our efforts to protect the privacy of our community members.

You can view your private messages inside the PowerSchool Community by selecting the envelope in the top right corner of any page in the Community to the right of your avatar.  When a new message appears, you should see the number one with a dark red circle on the envelope.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!