Phishing Email?

myhoale
Hobbyist

Phishing Email?

We received the below email that looks phishy.  Has anyone else received this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PowerSchool Community

Hello myhoale,

This email is an automated notification, which is unable to receive replies.

You have received a private message in the PowerSchool Community. Use this link  to access and respond to the message. You must log into the PowerSchool Community to reply.

Subject: Do you wish a reward? Here is your lucky moment to win a gorgeous brand new Apple iPhone 12 Pro. Try it now! 
Date: 12-01-2020 01:02 AM

Hi! We are giveaway a brand new Apple iPhone 12! You can participate today! Enter now - ~ and complete a simple sign up for a chance to a win iPhone 12 Pro. Well, good luck!

1 Solution
jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post. We were made aware of this issue of spam messages in our Community this morning. We have taken corrective and preventive measures to avoid repetition. 

If you see any questionable content, we recommend not clicking any links that have been shared. There is an option to Report Inappropriate Content on all posts and messages. If you run into any further issues, please do feel free to use this feature and report directly to our team.

As a reminder to all members, we recommend reviewing our Terms of Use and our Community Guidelines which cover what is appropriate to post in our Community. We will continue to take appropriate measures to prevent spam and continue to monitor all areas of our Community.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tlawson_36
Journeyman

I and several others in my org also received these

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post. We were made aware of this issue of spam messages in our Community this morning. We have taken corrective and preventive measures to avoid repetition. 

If you see any questionable content, we recommend not clicking any links that have been shared. There is an option to Report Inappropriate Content on all posts and messages. If you run into any further issues, please do feel free to use this feature and report directly to our team.

As a reminder to all members, we recommend reviewing our Terms of Use and our Community Guidelines which cover what is appropriate to post in our Community. We will continue to take appropriate measures to prevent spam and continue to monitor all areas of our Community.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
Bechte451

I think I won the iPhone 12 pro because I received an email saying that I was lucky enough to win one. 

AydenWhite
Hobbyist

why did you have to do this? You know you could be scammed. And stolen you money from your cc