PeopleAdmin and TalentEd transition to PowerSchool

ajk43
Journeyman

PeopleAdmin and TalentEd transition to PowerSchool

Hello All,

I watched the Webinar on the transition to PowerSchool.  While we have PowerSchool products already, it left we with a few questions for those employees who are not familiar with PowerSchool:

1. HR currently connects to PeopleAdmin support for TalentEd through the support portal after logging onto the admin portion of TalentEd.  How will they (and others) access PowerSchool support following the transition?

2. Applicants connecting to TalentEd help and support through the direct link; how will their support change after transition to PowerSchool?  Will links on TalentEd direct the applicants to a PowerSchool Support webpage as it currently does for PeopleAdmin?

3. We have training for Directors/Principals/Teachers linked to PowerPoint and PDF items within PeopleAdmin.  Will those links be maintained in PeopleAdmin or be redirected to a PowerSchool support document?

Thank you all for your time, look forward to the responses. 
13 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: PeopleAdmin and TalentEd transition to PowerSchool

Hi @ajk43

Thank you for reaching out in our PowerSchool Community! I'm happy to help with your questions. 

All designated contacts will have access to reach out to support via our Case Portal, which you can access under Contact Support. We do have applicant support resources in our Community. You can see those under PeopleAdmin in the top menu and under Unified Talent under Product Support. We have added quite a few resources to our Community. Depending on the content users are searching for and have access to, they can find those under the appropriate products. 

If there is something you can't quite find, please do let us know and we'd be happy to take a look.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
LeeW
Padawan

Where can I find the knowledge base information for TalentEd Perform, Records, and Recruit & Hire?  While the community is great, the articles and videos in the knowledge base are crucial resources.  It's nice to share information, but I use the knowledge base so I can figure out something I'm currently working on and I don't have time to post to the community and wait for responses.

I tried contacting support, but received an error message.  This is very frustrating!

Lee Wlodarczyk
HR Manager
School Lane Charter School
Community Support Expert erinhawkins
Community Support Expert

@LeeW

Good afternoon. Thanks for reaching out. We think the Knowledge Base is so important as well, so we're glad to hear you get such great use out of it! There are really two ways to handle your search needs.

First, click on the Product Support tab. From there, you'll want to navigate to Unified Talent. This is the new home for all TalentEd products. You can find Recruit & Hire in the Recruit & Hire section, Records in the Onboard & Manage section, and Perform in the Evaluate and Develop section. From there, you can select the link Administrator Knowledge Base (see picture attached). Then you can search away.

You also can just use them main search bar on the home page. Go ahead and put in your search parameters in the Search all content field. To do this, I suggest typing your product name and then your search parameters. As the field is looking through the entire Knowledge Base, it will help to have it narrowed down from the beginnging. So, for example, you might type: Records Conditional Workflows in order to narrow to the Records product.

If you need additional help, do not hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help!

LeeW
Padawan

Good morning.  Thank you for the quick reply.  It seems I don't have access to the necessary information with my login.  When I initially log on, I get an "access denied" message, I'm not seeing the information you mention under the Unified Talent section, and the only results I get from searching is general information about the products or info that would help applicants using Recruit & Hire.

I attached a document showing screenshots so you can see what I'm seeing.

Thanks!

Lee Wlodarczyk
HR Manager
Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @LeeW,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community.  I reviewed the screenshots you provided and you should have the appropriate access now.  If you need anything else let me know and I will be glad to help!

Best,

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
LeeW
Padawan

Thank you!!

Lee Wlodarczyk
HR Manager
Highlighted
Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @LeeW,

You are welcome!

Best,

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
lujanj
Journeyman

Good morning, 

I'm very happy to have found this thread. I don't haven't had access to the TalentEd, Recruit&Hire, Records or Perform knowlege base section since the transition. I was hoping someone might be able to help grant me access. I've added a screenshot of what I can see.

Thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 10.12.43 AM.png

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Thank you for reaching out regarding access within the Community!

Currently Designated Support Contacts and users that have a PowerSource account set up by the district have access to the Unified Talent boards outside of Applicant Support. If you feel you should be added as a Designated Support Contact (Technical Contact) or have a PowerSource account created, I recommend reaching out to the district's PowerSchool Admin to request the role is added to your PowerSchool account or the PowerSource account is created for you.

Jamie H.