Overall Dissatisfaction

f352370
Hobbyist

Overall Dissatisfaction

The new PowerTeacher Pro gradebook is a complete downgrade from the previous version.  I'm told to suggest improvements to PowerSchool by my district; Powerschool tells me to suggest them to my district.  And the "improvements" i'm suggesting are only features that were stolen from us through the version change.

This is not a case of "not used to it yet."  The new version is clunky.  It requires several additional clicks and buttons to complete tasks that the old gradebook completed with a simple "right click" menu.  Editing or viewing the details of assignments is a hassle.  The scoresheet provides a fraction of the information (metrics, assignment details, etc) that the old one did.  Printing reports is a chore.  By this time in the year, I've contacted parents of low-grade students with individual student reports 4 times.  I'm not even bothering this year.

A significant improvement over the last version is that I can create an assignment for multiple classes and modify the due dates to fit each class.  I like that.  Let's move that feature over to the old gradebook and put this new monstrosity to rest.

Don't reply to this telling me to suggest my improvements to the district.  Reply to this telling me whether or not my suggsted improvements are even being taken seriously.

3 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Overall Dissatisfaction

Hi @f352370

Thank you for sharing this feedback in our Community. I shared your post with our PowerTeacher Pro team and I have a couple of notes to share below.

• The right click menu: You are right that with PowerTeacher Pro, as opposed to PowerTeacher Gradebook, you do open a separate page instead of right clicking for these actions. This allows for a more consistent experience for our users across browsers.
  • Scoresheet metrics: We continue to migrate more of the legacy report types as well as creating additional new ones. If you are looking for a report that's not there, we are continuing to grow those available reports. 

I hope this information is helpful. Our Community does not currently house a product feedback forum, but I do have some paths for the best way to get feedback submitted. I will reach out in a message shortly to assist with this.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
Highlighted
f352370
Hobbyist

I received a message that my previous posts on the excessive number of clicks to complete operations in Gradebook were "repetative" and did not "respect people's time."  I assure you I had no intention of disrespecting anyone's time, though I have to own up to being repetative.

My point is this - while there are improvements to a handful of areas of the gradebook, the new version is less intuitive and less time-friendly than the old one.  By posting "repetatively," my intiention was to demonstrate that that there are multiple examples of excessive clicking to accomplish tasks that the old gradebook did quickly and easily.  I'm not complaining because I hate change or because I'm bored and need a juvenile outlet for my frustration.  I may be the most obnoxious person with these problems, but I'm certainly not the only one.

Gradebook is a vital tool in what I do as a professional.  It's a tool as important to me as a nailgun to a roofer or a keyboard to a computer coder.  And it doesn't work well.  And I have serious doubts that improvements are coming.  My district has already paid for this service, and we both know they're unlikely to change.  I can't just go out and buy a new gradebook.

I get that this is your business, and that it doesn't help business to admit things need to be improved,   But this is your help forum, so I ask pardon for trying anyway,

Can these issues be addressed?  Will thry be addressed??

f352370
Hobbyist

Yes, I accept that the right click menus are gone, and that you find those actions another way.  This doesn't resolve the problme that those menus are easier and faster to use.

Also, I have found where to create individual student reports.  No, they're not difficult, but my journey in figuring them out only emphasizes that this new version is less intuitive than PowerTeacher Gradebook.

My biggest concern with posting examples of problems is that they would be cherry picked to ignore the overall problem - it takes too many clicks and menus to find and do the things I could quickly and easily do in Gradebook.

Go back to Gradebook and import the navigation structure to this new gradebook and all will be well again.

This widget could not be displayed.