Not able to save exported results to my Computer

gaby58

Not able to save exported results to my Computer

Hi

I am new to Power School, and trying to export students using Quick Export, I can export and open it in Notepad, however I can not locate the file but when it is opened and tried to copy and paste it to Excel, the paste icon is disabled, any idea why is this, this happens in IE and MS Edge. In chrome, I can paste them but they all pasted in one row, so this doesn't help  either. Any help is appreciated.

Also I am not able to create Export/Import Templates, can not even export using Export templates. Pl help

Thank You

3 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I'm assuming you are using a Windows machine. You can associate a txt file directly with Excel...

Many types of files are registered in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 to be opened by a particular program by default. For example, Notepad typically starts when you open a text (.txt) file. However, you can change which program — including the default settings — opens files of a certain type.

1. On the Start menu, click Settings.

2. Click Apps > Default apps.

3. Click the App you want to change, and then select an App from the list. You can also find new apps in Microsoft Store. Apps must be installed before you can set them as the default.

OR

To choose default apps by file type, scroll down the page, and click the link Choose default apps by file type.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

gaby58

Thank you for the response, tried this, still downloading as .text file and when I tried to open, can not see Excel option in my apps place.

Also why is it downloading some place where that folder doesn't seem to exist. 

I have Windows 10 on my laptop.

Thank You

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @gaby58,

Thank you for the post in PowerSchool Community!

@DanM3, Thank you for jumping in and helping us!

@gaby58, if you are still having the issue, we recommend connecting with your IT team to troubleshoot the cause of the issue for you.  

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!