New Teacher taking over class. How do I add classes from old teacher gradebook using nformation now

Highlighted
Padawan

New Teacher taking over class. How do I add classes from old teacher gradebook using nformation now

I tried to go to power school for information now and it said

Hmm, it looks like you do not have access to this resource.

What is next?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: New Teacher taking over class. How do I add classes from old teacher gradebook using nformation

Hello @WBaptiste !  If I am understanding the question correctly, you have a new teacher taking for for a teacher who has left.  To switch those classes over to the new teacher, go into Scheduling | Master Schedule and search for the old teacher's classes.  Open a section and on the left side you should see a link at the Teacher name field "Teacher".  Click on the link and when the window opens you can select and then delete the old teacher.  Afte the teacher's name is gone, use the Add to search for the new teacher and attach to this class.  Click Ok to close from the teacher name box and then OK to save the section.  Repeat this for the other classes.  When the new teacher logs into INOW and goes to Classroom or Chalkable Classroom, he/shee will now see those classes, rosters, and the previous grades.

I hope this helps

Kim Oliphant

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: New Teacher taking over class. How do I add classes from old teacher gradebook using nformation

Hi! @WBaptiste,

We have a great thread that has addressed possible issues of why users may receive a message that they do not have access to a resource in the community.  I recommend checking out the resolutions in this thread.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Highlighted
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hello @WBaptiste !  If I am understanding the question correctly, you have a new teacher taking for for a teacher who has left.  To switch those classes over to the new teacher, go into Scheduling | Master Schedule and search for the old teacher's classes.  Open a section and on the left side you should see a link at the Teacher name field "Teacher".  Click on the link and when the window opens you can select and then delete the old teacher.  Afte the teacher's name is gone, use the Add to search for the new teacher and attach to this class.  Click Ok to close from the teacher name box and then OK to save the section.  Repeat this for the other classes.  When the new teacher logs into INOW and goes to Classroom or Chalkable Classroom, he/shee will now see those classes, rosters, and the previous grades.

I hope this helps

Kim Oliphant

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Padawan

I see the courses in the classes section but not at the top under grades tab in Chalkable. How do I add the choices to pick a course from the top of the page under grades in chalkable?

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

@WBaptiste : 

I am a Chalkable support representative.  Would you be available for me to call you and discuss this further?  If so, please let me know the best time and how to reach you.