New School Cannot Enroll Withdrawn Student

jdkass
Journeyman

New School Cannot Enroll Withdrawn Student

I have withdrawn a student from my Powerschool system, and everything on my end indicates it was done correctly, but the student's new school cannot pull her in / enroll her in their school. I can search and find their historical grades, records, etc, but the new school cannot. Everyone is telling me I need to do something on my end, but I have no idea what. Thoughts? Suggestions?

2 Solutions
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@jdkass It sounds like you are trying to move a student to a completely different school district...one that is not run on your PowerSchool SIS. If that is the case, then all you can do is transfer the student out. The other school/district will have to create the student as a new student in their PS SIS system. 

Heather Weist, MEd
PowerSchool Technical Lead, LearningMate & Commonwealth Charter Academy

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2021 Winner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge

View solution in original post

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I do not know what a "PRTF" is but if the school is not on your server they will have to enroll the student as a new student.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
HeatherWeist
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@jdkass   After you transfer the student out of your school, you have to go to that student's functions and transfer to another school. Once you select and submit the name of the new school, the student becomes an inactive student at the new school. They will then be able to select the student, go to functions and re-enroll the student at their school. 

Heather Weist, MEd

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

jdkass
Journeyman

Thanks, but that won't work: The school's name is not on the finite list of pull-down options that I have. Possibly important, I am at a hospital school (a PRTF) and the new school is an alternative school in another county. I attempted to transfer to 'DPI FTE School', but they said that doesn't work either. Any other thoughts?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

After you transferred the student out, did you then transfer them to the appropriate school?

I can't: see reply to Heather above.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Go to District Office>Setup>District>Schools/School Info. If you do not see the school there the building is not on your server.

I do not have a 'District Office' option, and yes the school is not on my server. I am at a PRTF trying to get the student enrolled in an alternative school. What are my other options?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I do not know what a "PRTF" is but if the school is not on your server they will have to enroll the student as a new student.

PowerSchool Mentor

@jdkass It sounds like you are trying to move a student to a completely different school district...one that is not run on your PowerSchool SIS. If that is the case, then all you can do is transfer the student out. The other school/district will have to create the student as a new student in their PS SIS system. 

Heather Weist, MEd