Mass email

powersb
Journeyman

Mass email

Hello, 

I am new to Powerschool and also to my position at my school.  I would like to send a mass email out to all my students in the alphabet and their parents introducing myself.  Is there a way to do this?  I see it in Powerteacher but not through the Admin section.  Thank you.

9 Replies
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

At this time, there isn't a feature to send an email to all students and parents in a school.  I recommend using the School Bulletin option to send a message.  This will allow all parents and students that have opted to receive notification view the introduction message in the parent and student portal.

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow a mass email to be sent to all students and parents in one school location. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool SIS for all users.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
powersb
Journeyman

Thank you!  How do I use School Bulletin and can I select certain students or will that go to all studens in the school?

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Any message written on the school bulletin will be seen by all users (parents and students) associated with the school that have enrolled to receive notifications for the school bulletin

To create a daily bulletin item that is only visible at a single school, switch to that school before creating the new bulletin item.

To create a daily bulletin item that is visible at all schools, switch to the district office before creating the new bulletin item.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

KevinW1
Journeyman

I would also really like to see this feature--the ability to select a group of students and mass email them, or their parents, or select a group of staff and mass email teachers, would be very useful. 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for voting on the feature request!

We have added your vote to the feature request with the PowerSchool Product Team.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

deitmx01
Hobbyist

Please add my vote to the suggestion for the ability to mass email students and parents. What a timesaver this would be!

Sincerely,

Marianne Deitche

South Side High School

Fort Wayne, IN

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @deitmx01 

You can directly vote on the idea in the PowerSchool Ideas Portal.  We thank you for sharing your suggestions in enhancing our products and helping us provide a better user experience.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
KevinW1
Journeyman

I've voted everywhere it seems relevant for PowerSchool email tools.

Given the sudden increase for the need for managing virtual students/online students, a tool for automating email from PS would be extremely handly. An integration that allows texting would be nice too (recognizing that would have some connection to a provider of SMS-messaging, and there would be additional costs to the district involved). 

But more robust virtual communication tools would be excellent. Thanks!

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @KevinW1 

Thank you for voting on the feature requests related to PowerSchool email tools.

You can share all your ideas directly with the Product teams by selecting 'Add a new idea' at the top left of the PowerSchool Ideas Portal page. 

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator